The Point Cabrillo Lightstation a California State Historic Park, includes the historic 1909 Light Station (30.5 acres), and approximately 270 acres of undeveloped coastal bluffs and prairie.
The property was purchased and preserved from development in 1992 by the California State Coastal Conservancy and managed by a non-profit affiliate, the North Coast Interpretive Association. In 2002, the property transferred to the California Department of Parks and Recreation. Management of the Preserve's programs and restoration activities was assumed by a newly formed non-profit organization: The Point Cabrillo Lightkeepers Association (PCLK).
The California Department of Parks and Recreation provided the Coastal Conservancy with four million dollars to be used for the restoration of the historic Light Station. During the five years, 2002 to 2006, the Coastal Conservancy granted that money to the PCLK who under the supervision of State Parks, used the funds to restore two of the three light keepers' houses and the three historic out buildings. Restoration of the West Light keepers' house exterior is complete. Restoration of the West House interior, along with the historic fencing and gardens will be accomplished as additional funds become available.
GUIDE TO OUR WEBSITE||